Our customer has a web based legacy application (developed with a third party) in Java and with a lot of logic implemented in SQL stored procedures. The application is crunching a lot of data and is highly critical for the company in its day to day business operations.
When we’ve been asked to perform an audit of the application performance, running in a multiuser environment, we’ve discovered that some concerning facts:
- With 60 concurrent users the success rate was of only 4%
- Some tasks were taking up to 2 hours to be executed
After performing application and database tuning we’ve managed to drastically improve the application performance and achieve really impressive results: